Slightly Disgruntled

To whom it may concern,

I am a 39 year old male and have been shopping at your store since the 1980's. I loved life back then. It was a time when Pee Wee Herman,
his ridiculous bicycle & far fetched gadgets from his local magic & gag store sent a quietly shy and imaginative young boy into the front doors of MAGIC ETC.

This was in the late 80's when the store was located on the busy corner shopping plaza of McCart and WestCreek in S.W. Fort Worth.

With a pocket full of allowance my eyes filled with the joyous wonders contained within the Magic Store.

My heart filled with the joys of imagination as I entered the (unknown to me then) future home of some of the best memories of my life. My weekends were often spent looking methodically at magic tricks and illusions hoping to be like my heroes, or purchasing occultish items such as rubber bats and Ouija boards to ward off vampires and ghouls during Halloween, you know, back when monsters were still real.

On the sad that day your store, your magical store disappeared it was as if one of those defining moments that you don't realize is happening until it has changed you hit me then, suddenly with the realization that all things in life, both good and bad, must come to a fateful end.

Shortly thereafter I relocated with my family to SW Florida. There hit puberty with all the joys that brings. I soon found also vanished my beliefs in faith, magic and childhood wonders. It was much as if Peter Pan had grown up I became interested in other things like BMX, motorcycles and street racing.

Fast forward to age 21 years when I had moved back to Texas at the end of summer and walked into a store to buy a pack of rolling papers with which I used often times to mask the hole left inside me by the dissapearence of my boyhood sanctum and magical kingdom. SUDDENLY! in front of my eyes was a flyer and a coupon advertisement.
( HANGMAN'S HOUSE OF HORRORS BROUGHT TO YOU BY MAGIC ETC. ON FORREST PARK BLVD. AND I-30) 

When I saw it my heart was immediately filled with renewal for things like hope, art, magic, and even GOD! Those things returned to me as if they have never left.

I have frequented your store and scare grounds in both body, mind and spirit for most of my life. To make a long story short (too late I know). I'll get to my point.

My wedding day approached, the happiest and most festive time of my life, and where did I choose as the base of operation for my wedding decor? None other than MAGIC ETC. 
Several hundreds of dollars were spent on jewelry, corsets, boots, canes,hats and a variety of steampunk items that were readily available.. Unfortunately, there were some items that did not get utilized during the wedding and as my now bride and I came back to the store yesterday with the said items above, intact mind you, just without sales receipt due to chaos from the wedding, which the store owner or manager I assume spent several times helping personally pick out, we were refused store credit. Exchange or credit is standard practice from most reputable companies when a receipt can't be presented. We did not want a refund just a simple store credit to keep the business and profit in the store which is the focus of my grievance today.

I consider myself a man of intelligence, sometime to much for my own good. If I were a teenager perhaps shoplifting and returning items for cash, resulting in loss of profits I would understand this. However, I am a grown man as well as an Special Effects Artist and Sound Engineer working towards building an internet based business currently that will be a lucrative venture for all involved. If for nothing more than repeat orders. I mention this only because I believe in building relationships and networking. I would never dream of taking someones money and leaving them at a loss for service or goods. I know all to well the impact that can have. 

Now several times we were asked while purchasing our wedding attire to promote the store via social media and also asked if the store could use our media content to promote themselves on their online platforms, even taking our names and date of our wedding event. I only mention this because I feel due to our repeat patronage we were recognizable and had built a trust if not at least a friendly rapport. In close I only want you to know that you have once again crushed Peter Pans heart as you stuffed him down the rabbit hole turning dreams into nightmares, hope into dispare and faith in magic and art into a thriving Jaded soul as green as The Emerald City. 
I will consider this matter closed and chalk it up to a simple misunderstanding.
                                                            Regards





Comments